Some facts about Zachary:
- he is the sweetest boy, he loves to snuggle and I'm not sure he's ever turned me down when I ask for a hug
- he's an incredible big brother. He loves playing with his baby brother and sometimes gets upset with me when I put Eli down for a nap. He'll say "but I wanted to keep playing with him!" I don't know if he realizes how much Eli adores him. I ask him if he knows we all love him and he just smiles and tells us he does. I think he does know, but I don't think there's any possible way he could understand the magnitude of that love.
- I think everyone knows he loves dinosaurs and knows A LOT about them, but he does have other interests. He likes zoo animals, sea creatures, computer games, X-box Kinect games, sports, fishing, drawing, reading, and puzzle mazes too.
- he has a very good vocabulary, but still has some cute little kid speech. For example, "th" is pronounced as an f or p ("three" is "free," "something" is "some-ping"). He also mixes up some words and it just makes it sooo funny. The "instructions" that come with a new game or toy are called "constructions." Vanilla is pronounced "vamilla" which is a change from last year's "ba-billa."
- to Zachary, a hamburger is a burger. If it has cheese on it then it's a cheeseburger. We got in trouble the other night for saying we were having hamburgers for supper and there was no ham on his burger.
- he can be moody. He takes things very seriously and can get his feelings hurt easily. However he's very much a young man and can be put into a better mood with food, tv, and/or some sleep.
- he's a good size boy. On his fifth birthday he measured 48 1/4 inches tall, 63 pounds, and has a 27 inch waist. It's hard to find him clothes right now! He's wearing a size two boys shoe.
- he enjoys having his picture taken, but seems to have trouble smiling and looking at the camera at the same time. Thank goodness for digital cameras so we can shoot pics and delete as necessary!
- he has the best smile that just melts my heart. I love his blue eyes too.
Zachary's birthday was on a Thursday and we just had a small party with the four of us and his grandparents. We ordered pizza and had dinosaur cake courtesy of Mamaw Linda. The cake was a trial run for her since she's doing the cakes for the joint birthday party we have coming up. Since the boys' birthdays are only 6 weeks apart we decided to do one big family & friends celebration this year. That will be on Sept 29th and it will be a combination of dinosaur and Elmo. Fortunately, both boys like both themes so it works all around! I'll blog about that after we have the party, but for now I'll end this with pictures of Zachary's small celebration and his birthday interview:
|Opening his "Switch & Go Dino" from Mamaw Betty. She usually gives money for their bank accounts, but this year she found this and it's been the perfect gift for him. He plays with it multiple times a day.|
|Happy boy with his new toy!|
|Proudly showing his stegosaurus cake. He was excited about this.|
|Blowing out his FIVE candles!|
|When asked what flavor cake he wanted, he said "Chocolate & vamilla stripes" so that's just what Mamaw Linda did!|
|Happy with his gift from Mommy, Daddy & Eli. Yes, it has a dinosaur in it!|
|Having fun with his cool card.|
|Birthday boy and his daddy|
|Mommy & her five year old|
- What is your name? "Zachary G-wen Veale" (Glen)
- How old are you? "Five!"
- What is your favorite animal? "Dinosaurs"
- If you could be any animal, what would it be? "Maybe, probably a zebra"
- What is your favorite thing to eat? "Nachos"
- Who is your best friend? "I don't know, I have so many"
- What is your favorite color? "Green"
- What is your favorite number? "5, 4, 1, 3, 12....ummmmm, I think I might pick 4"
- Where is your favorite place to visit? "There's a place we haven't been for a long time....it's Splashin' Safari! (sigh) I wanna go there sometime. And Chuck E. Cheese too!" --note: he's never been to Splashin' Safari
- What are you really good at? "drawing my dinosaurs"
- Waht do you want for your birthday? "golfing alligator game, Big Dino Adventure Squad/Big Boots, Switch & Go Dinos"
- What is your favorite book? "dino books about their features, food, teef (teeth), and legs"
- What is your favorite movie? "Team Geo Trax - All Aboard!"
- What is your favorite tv show? "Robot Rampage" (Backyardigans)
- What do you and Mommy do together? "play outside, read books, make cookies"
- What do you and Daddy do together? "he plays with me, plays outside, fishing, watch tv"
- What do you and Eli do together? "maybe go crazy and make messes"
- What makes you laugh? "jokes"
- What makes you happy? "my family"
- What makes you sad? "when I lost toys"
- What is your favorite sport? "Are you kidding me?!? I have lots of favorite sports: football, baseball, t-ball, basketball and that's all."
- What is your favorite holiday? "Christmas because it has lots of presents and it's Jesus' birthday"
- What is your favorite drink? "juice"
- What is your favorite toy? "Imaginext Dinosaurs"
- What is your favorite thing to wear? "dinosaur shirts....I"m just really into dinosaurs"
- Who is your teacher? "Ms. Angie"
- What do you sleep with at night? "my stuffed animals: Giggles (bear), Spiny (dinosaur), Buck (from Ice Age), another dinosaur, and my two pillow pets (Triceratops and Colts)"
- What do you think about before you go to sleep at night? "What I want to dream about, but I just dream what I dream about"
- What's something you hope you and your family do this year? "maybe, probably, hmmm, I fink it might be Chuck E. Cheese"
- What do you want to be when you grow up? "a paleontologist"